Grilled flank steak is an easy and simple thing you can make for dinner all summer long. This is my recipe for the most delicious Cilantro Lime Flank Steak. This meat is perfectly seasoned and has a fresh and bold flavor! Making this dish is could not be easier! Simply marinate the steak, then cook it up on the grill and it’s ready to eat! The homemade marinade is made using fresh ingredients such as cilantro, lime juice, green onions, jalapeno peppers, and tomatillos. The longer the meat marinates, the better the flavor will be! Make it with me!
The most delicious marinated Cilantro Lime Flank Steak. This meat is perfectly seasoned and has a fresh and bold flavor!
3. When you are ready to cook the meat, preheat the grill to 350-400°F.
4. Grill for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. 5-6 minutes per side for medium, or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F. Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain. Enjoy on its own, or serve in tacos, salads, or fajitas!
Everyone loves a good steak recipe, especially me. The amazing flavor of a properly cooked steak is hard to beat! I have a few tips for making sure this flank steak is cooked to perfection every time!
1. The longer it marinates, the better it tastes. The instructions call for a minimum of one hour, but it can be marinated for up to 24 hours! It’s a great recipe to make the day before.
2. Season the grill. Every few weeks, you should season your grill grates to ensure the meat you are cooking doesn’t stick. Here is how to season a grill: Before turning the grill on, coat the surface of the grate with high-heat cooking oil. Wipe any excess oil off the grate with a paper towel, then turn the grill on high for about 15-20 minutes. By the end, the grate should become dark and almost shiny.
3. Heat the grill. You want to be sure that your grill is nice and hot before adding the meat. You want it almost to 400°F, that way the outside will get charred and brown, and the inside can remain medium pink.
4. Let the meat rest. Allow the steak to rest for five minutes before slicing it.
5. Slice it against the grain. Find the parallel lines of muscle fiber that run through the meat. Then, use a sharp knife to slice the meat across those lines. This will make the meat more tender and easier to chew.
We teamed up with Alex from @thealexdaynes to share with you the recipe for delicious flank steak recipe! Alex is a food and recipe blogger from Utah. Be sure to give her a follow on Instagram @thealexdaynes or check out her blog www.alexdaynes.com to check out all of her amazing recipes.
Alex is wearing the Basic Stripe Tee